The project for the construction of the new office of the Bank of Italy was presented by the then local director, Vincenzo Pedale, in August 1928. The project was prepared by the Technical banking Institute directed by Ing. Paolo Cortese.
The building was built on an area on the Corso Vittorio Emanuele developing on four levels, three above ground and one as basement, intended for storage and archives. The first floor, which also included two wings, was destined to the public with a large central rooms and service offices around; the upper floors, however, were used for offices and the first also enjoyed the open spaces of the terraces of coverage of the two lateral bodies.
The construction works were completed in nearly three years and the building was inaugurated on February 8, 1931.